Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Kid Icarus - Untitled 10"


Kid Icarus was a project from four fellas in Arlington Virginia.  They self-released one 10" record and a 4 song demo tape as well as appearing on a 7" compilation from Pep-O-Mint records.  Honestly, I only know two things about this band: Three members ended up forming Kwisatz Haderach with a few other people, and that their record fucking ROCKS...

The music on this 10" really speaks for itself.  Recorded in the summer of 1996 in Virginia, the band does an excellent job of the hectic "stop, start, stop, start again" thing (as I choose to describe it in this moment).  Very limited by my musical vocabulary, all I can objectively tell anyone reading this is that the music on this record is seriously special, and worth the short 24 minute listen.

download the 10" here.
and the demo here.
I've also uploaded the 10" to youtube for easy listening.

Also..I've changed the blog's name, the lyric is from the 5th track on the 10"..  I plan on making some more changes to the blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment